Today a (very liberal) language professor stopped by my office to ask me some questions about testing.
As she was leaving she said, "I always threaten my students that they're going to hell if they cheat." She then paused and added, "They're all Christians. That should work. I've heard it's epidemic." And with that she left.
The whole conversation just amused me. It's true, Christians should be really scared of hell. Even C.S. Lewis recognized that hell must exist in order for our notion of free will to make sense. The professor's frank response kind of caught me off guard, but its truth struck home. :)
2 comments:
yeah... but didn't she just say that Christianity is an epidemic?? sounds kind of negative to me...
Hm, I see your point. I guess I interpreted "it" as "threatening students with hell," but she very well could have meant something else.
Post a Comment