Hello blog world. It's been a while...
Let's see, what has been going on. I managed to survive the semester, but the busyness didn't end with the posting of grades. The weekend after finals I flew to Dallas to meet up for a Notre Dame roommate reunion! It was the first time the four roommates were together since Gretchen and Jonny's summer 2006 wedding. We had a lot of fun exploring the Texas-y parts of Dallas and Fort Worth, enjoyed some yummy food, and cherished the time being able to catch up with everyone. One night my friend Shane and his girlfriend came to visit. When Shane met my twin sister he said something to the effect of "Oh my gosh, you two look alike." :)
After Dallas, I went straight back home to California. I had some work to do, but also tried to enjoy my time home by having girl time with Jenn, cooking dinners with Dad, and laughing with Mom. I especially enjoyed going wedding dress shopping for Jenn with Mom, and going to the baseball game with Dad and Pop-pop! I also got to see "Star Trek" in IMAX with some of Amy's boyfriend's friends (who are becoming my own friends in the process :) ). It was a wonderful week, and I can't wait to be back!
Soon, I made my way back to Lubbock. I had to help prepare for our up-coming conference! The conference was simply unbelievable. At one point, I had my van full of Second Language Acquisition scholars. All I could think was how awful it would be if I crashed. :P Fortunately, everything went smoothly! I got to enjoy some great meals with scholars whose work I have read for the past three years. A great deal of them got to see me present. At one presentation, all four of the main speakers were there! We asked for comments and suggestions since we were presenting the results from a pilot study. Three of the main speakers commented/asked questions, and one found me later to tell me that he enjoyed the presentation! So, so, so awesome! I also got to meet some Florida State people - both faculty and students. It will be so wonderful to already know some familiar faces when I make my way over there in August.
Since then, I've been busy. I'm teaching a summer school course and coordinating. Fortunately, friends are in town, and I've been taking advantage of the fact that I don't have night classes during the summer. Tonight, for instance, I played in a kick ball game with some grad school friends! We lost 9-0, but hey, we're all winners in my book! :D
Ok, so that's my ridiculously long update. Hope everyone is doing well!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update and the suggestions on my blog. Glad things are going well for you.
Post a Comment